By Adeline Woo
Mother’s Day is one of the most recognized and celebrated occasion by countries all over the world but that doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money to get a good, sincere, from-the-bottom-of-your-heart gift.
Here, on behalf of Diaper Cakes Baby Gifts Singapore, we bring you 2 fantastic gift ideas that are easily found and hassle free to make!
1) Personalized Cupcake
(Calm down, we are not getting you to bake a cupcake from scratch. Unless you want to!)
Things you need to buy:
- Lace licorice or any other candy that can be easily broken apart with no hassle.
- Cut/Break the licorice into equal pieces and spell your mum’s name on top of the cupcake frosting.
- You can buy 3 cupcakes and spell “Mum” or you could buy as many cupcakes as the letters in your mother’s name and you are all set to present your beautiful personalized gift to your mum!
2) Personalized Notebook / Photobook
Things you need to prepare:
- Pictures of you and your mum over the years
- 1 Pretty Notebook filled with blank pages inside Essentials Blank Notebook Value Pack (set of 2 blank notebooks, large)
- Colored paper
- Stamps or Paper Stamp cutter (optional if you would like to decorate the sides)
- Place photo over the colour paper and create a 1-2 cm border over the picture on all sides, mark it out and cut it along your markings. Use different colour paper for pictures that are going to be on the same page.
- To save paper, you could cut the inside of the colour paper that will be blocked by the photo and get your paper stamp cutter and start stamping!
- Gather all the stamped pieces and glue it on the side of the pages. (Note: Do it sparingly so it won’t look too messy)
- Glue the colour border to your photo and glue it to the notebook.
- Write a small note at the bottom of the pictures or next to it to personalized the notebook.
- Leave a few pages in between the photographs so your mum can use it as a notebook in future.
- You could consider arranging the pictures according to theme (crazy times, birthday celebrations, family gathering, fun times) or you could start from when you were a kid all the way up!
Stay tune, we have more Mother’s Day Personalized Gift Ideas that are quick and easy to achieve!
P.S Let us know how the gift goes, feel free to leave a comment with a picture of how your Mother’s Day gift turned out!
Website: Diaper Cakes Singapore