By Adeline Woo
1) Get the size right
Before you get to the brands, you need to know which diaper size is best for your child or toddler. Diapers come in different sizes from 0 to 6, and each brand will offer some features. Here are some key differentiation:
- Newborn diapers: For babies that still have their umbilical stumps, look for diapers that fold down so the waistband that the diaper doesn’t irritate the wound.
- Overnight diapers: These are extra-absorbent diapers that last up to 12 hours at a time, reducing the need for night-time changes.
- Diapers for sensitive skin: For babies who break out with nappy rash easily, you may need to buy diapers for sensitive skin, such as the Japanese GOO or Mamypoko diapers.
- Pull-up pants: For older babies, this is the diaper you can use to start potty-training.
2) Spot Diaper problems
In assessing the best diaper brand, you should look out for the following problems:
- If the diaper leave red marks or heat rash along legs or waist, that means your baby is not comfortable in it.
- Leaks of urine or poo, there is obviously a lack of leak prevention design.
- If the diaper needs frequent changing, more than what you deem necessary, then the diaper has some absorbency issue.
- If you child is constantly having nappy rash, that means your child could be sensitive to the pampers or it doesn’t give room for the pores to breath.
If you experience any of the above, you should try changing to a different brand.
3) Do NOT buy in bulk
Many parents tend to buy things in bulk to save some cash. However, some things are not worth the economies of scale. Newborn babies grow very fast, so don’t buy too many diapers in small sizes. A single pack for size 0 is enough for many babies before they switch to size 1. Size 2 or M size is when you can start buying in bulk for savings.
If you are looking for a unique and practical baby gift for baby showers, full month or first month parties, get a Diaper Cake!
Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 65 9766 0661.
Diaper Cakes – Delightfully Different.