Do you know the “market rate” of maternity leave? We have compiled a list of major cities/countries in the world with paid maternity leave, in comparison to our own.
- 8 paid by employer, 8 paid by government *for the first two children, maternity leave taken for the third child will be paid for by the government
- daily rate of maternity leave pay is a sum equivalent to four-fifths of the average daily wages earned by an employee in the 12-month period preceding the first day of the maternity leave
- 6 weeks prior to delivery, 8 weeks postpartum. Child care leave is also an option for new parents.
- The amount of maternity leave pay is paid based on the worker’s ordinary wage on the first day of the said leave, but it should not exceed 4.05 million won for the 90 days. If the amount of ordinary wage for a worker exceeds 1.35 million won per month, the employer should pay the difference.
- Any female older than 24 years of age when having her first child will be considered a case of late childbirth and will be entitled to an additional 30 days of paid leave (varies by province)
12 or 18 months
- 12 months with 55% pay (at a maximum of $543 a week) or 18 months; 15 weeks at 55% pay rate and 61 weeks at 33%.
- 42 of 50 states do not offer paid maternity leave, only 12 weeks of job protection. California is the only state offering paid maternity leave to both men and women.
- Women are entitled to 12 weeks paid leave at 100%, and men, a week.
- Women receive 17 weeks of leave at 100% pay. Men are to receive less than a week at100% pay.
- Women receive 26 weeks of leave at100% pay. Men may take three weeks of leave at 100% pay.
- 90% pay for the first 6 weeks and a flat rate for the remaining duration
- Women are entitled to 16 weeks of leave at 100% pay, while men can take 2 or more weeks at 100% pay up to a ceiling.
- to be split between both parents, with 80% coverage up to 910SEK a day
- Women may take 20 weeks of leave with 100% pay up to a ceiling. Additional parental leave of 156 weeks, or three years, is available unpaid.
- Women receive 18 weeks at the minimum wage. Men may take two weeks at the minimum wage. (minumum wage at $17.70)
- Job protection is provided from the beginning of pregnancy to 4 months postpartum. 6 weeks before birth and 8 weeks after.
Do you know an expecting mum? Check out some perfect baby shower gifts at Diaper Cakes SG.